Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Where in the world is Joyce Mineer THIS week?

Stillwater, MN - THAT'S where!!!

As you know, June 2 was my first day with my new company. Not wanting to waste any time, I was shipped out (up and over actually) to my shopping center in Minnesota, "Oak Park Pond". It's actually a great little center but does not have the visibility the competition has, which has been the leasing struggle. It's also SURROUNDED by retail. Let the games begin...

I'm VERY nervous about having accepted this position. I will certainly do my best but they have no patience for inadequate-ness, non-performance and non-aggressive leasing. They give you the 90 days probation (better known as "just enough rope to hang yourself") to prove your worthiness. I'm hopeful that I get at least ONE deal done in that time frame, I think that'll buy me another 90 days.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my trips to my centers. I've never been to Minnesota before and when I came in yesterday early evening, it was beautiful! Sunny and breezy and no humidity and a sweet 73 degrees - a FAR cry from what I left behind in NC!! My hubby would LOVE it here. My seat buddy on the plane from Atlanta to here is a native. He told me all about Stillwater and he wasn't exaggerating - it is AWESOME. The downtown area is vital and bustling and with so much character. The "main drag" is nestled along the St. Croix river - breathtaking people!!! I encourage you to Google Stillwater and see for yourself. Tomorrow I'm going to take some time to visit as many of the B&B's as I can. I think during my next visit I may stay in one of them instead of my chain hotel! Why not? They have similar rates and Internet service... and I feel a little more safe because the inn keepers keep a close eye on the comings and goings of everyone in the house.

I managed to visit a handful of the shops downtown today and was about to hand over my credit card in "Rose Mille" (http://www.rosemille.com/)for a small purchase when the power went out and refused to come back on! I stayed and visited with the sweet sales associate for while because we thought the power would pop right back on but it never did. She's holding my goodies until I get back down there tomorrow. Oh darn, another trip to downtown Stillwater...what's a girl to do? I KNOW, go through the shop again to make sure I didn't miss anything!

No comments: