Sunday, June 29, 2008

What are the chances?


Remember when I shared with you here the "load" I came across at the flea market two weeks ago? What are the chances that I'd go back yesterday and stumple across these little beauties? At set of 9 (although the tag said 8) sweet little Homer Laughlin dessert bowls - that PERFECTLY match my catch two weeks ago from a completely differenct vendor? And the best part, the tag was marked $8.00, which I was MORE than willing to pay. I had the treasures in my hand scoping out the rest of the table when the vendor yelled out, "folks, everything here is half off the sticker price". Are you kidding me? 9 vintage HL dessert bowls for $4.00?? Has he gone insane? Whether he has or not I don't care and I quickly grabbed the old "Anthony" desk fan that some "looker" put back on the table and turned away from ... for a mere $7.00. I left the fairgrounds hot and sweaty and with a BIG grin on my face.
I think my mom will be happy with my findings. She'll think that they'll be an adequate size for a dessert for my dad (she thinks I give him too many sweets when he's here with me). What's up mom? Never heard of seconds!!! hee, hee, hee...


1 comment:

Chaya Bluma said...

That is a great fan! Enjoy your fabulous finds!