Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another favorite man of mine

Jose, my UPS driver! (this isn't actually a picture of Jose, I just found this in Google images).
I'm partial to Jose because he brings me stuff like this...


Vintage, Homer Laughlin plates from Tracey at Notes from a Cottage Industry! I L-O-V-E them!!!! These are a bit thicker/heavier than others I have and there are actually 4 dinner-sized plates. I think they'll become my everyday dinner plates for my DH and me! Everything will taste better on a Homer plate!

And Jose also brings me thoughtfulness from a long, lost cousin. Suzy and I go way back. I have two very vivid memories of our times together and I treasure them and even giggle out loud when I think of them. As life goes, especially with extended family, we grew up and apart. We would be brought together again briefly at the time of her father's death but not enough to fully ignite the relationship. And ironically enough, it would be at the death of Suzy's uncle (her dad's brother) and my great uncle that would reconnect us yet again. But this time we've stayed in touch. And I think a lot of it is because of the ease of email and the internet. Suzy is a single mom of two girls and lives in Hyattsville, MD. And I, of course, am down south in NC. It matters not; we seem to have made that connection and are in touch almost daily and I am elated and grateful. It is our plan, during my next trip home to VA, for Suzy to meet me at my folks house - which will just make the day for Mom & Daddy! Suzy, I don't think you have any idea how much you're loved in the Robinson house. It's been years since I've seen Suzy but I tell you this for free, I could pick her out of a crowd of thousands - if only I heard her voice! I can't wait to see you, Suzy, but more than that...I can't wait to HEAR you! Ha!

Suzy read how much I LOVE cowboy boots. She recently spotted this one, thought of me and sent it my way. Isn't is AWESOME to learn someone has you in their thoughts and heart... this little treasure is actually a candle holder. There's a votive cup that sits in the top where you drop a votive candle into it. Two of my favorite things right here on my desk...boots and candles...and now thoughts everyday of a cousin I've always treasured and now have back in my life. God is good...

No comments: