Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday Morning Treasures

There was nothing left to do... I'd been up since 6:00 AM, had my morning cuppa, read all my favorite blogs, fed the felines and walked the dog. So, I put $25.00 worth of gas in my car and hit the road (I know, $25 of gas doesn't get you much or far anymore - that was my whole intention!). All I needed was enough to make it to Hillsborough where I got my "Fetch" fix






It was a hot one already at 10:30 this morning but Karen had her back and front doors open (with the A/C running?) and there was a lovely breeze flowing through the entire store. And of course there was Chester (I have to remember to get a picture of Chester next time). Chesty is the shop dog and one of the loves of Karen's life. It makes me giggle because you'll find Chester laying on an iron bed that's for sale, on top of pricey Chenille bedspreads - also for sale, complete with free dog hair!!! Now that's my kinda' lady - "love me, love my shop, love my dog"!! I go there so frequently and spend so much time there that Karen will now leave me in the shop alone to go get lunch or a drink or help a friend pick out a piece of jewelry at the shop next door! She leaves me to myself to pick through EVERY dish, bar of soap, candle stick holders, and she doesn't even mind me opening the bottom drawers of armoires and chests to see what she's stashed below! If I didn't live so far away, I'd offer to "work" there for her on occassion! I just like being in the presence of the place.

Look at my stash below! At "Fetch" I picked up the two cocktail napkins (pink and yellow) and the three little plates (the one in the back with the little orange and yellow flowers is actually a Homer Laughlin and I got that one "on the house"! Yippie!! The one in the front is a beautiful bone china (that was not a freebie...) and the one on the bottom with the soft orange border was a steal at $3.50. I've put the bone china plate on top of the orange-bordered one and it looks smashing! The beanpod soy candle on the bottom has an orange-ish tint to it and it's sitting on top of the two plates - very pretty and smells yummy (Patchouli - one of my favs). I picked up a second soy candle (Vanilla Coffee) because these guys were on sale at Uptown Nature, a quirky little shop in Carrboro, NC. My DH and I love the soy candles - super scented and VERY clean!!



Lastly, that sweet little china dish with the dainty pink flowers I picked up at Vintage Revival, another great little hidden treasure in Hillsborough. This will find a home in my bathroom cabinet above my sink where it will hold my toothpaste and dental floss (TMI?). Anyway, I thought it would be nicer to have these things corralled in a pretty "container" instead of just laying on the shelf in the medicine cabinet. I know, you're right, any reason to buy a piece of china...



Of course, a lot more "damage" could've been done but I would need money for that! Ha! I can't wait to get back to work and earning those commission checks again - that's where our fun money came from. Soon enough, though. Remember, my new job starts Monday! Yikes!!

"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christian Morgenstern

No comments: