Friday, May 9, 2008

Holy Creepin' Clematis Batman!!

Yes you garden lovers, this IS a Clematis! And I have it to look forward to EVERY year. Look at those buds, would you? Have you ever seen a bloom this size? It's at least the size of my dad's entire hand!

This little pretty grows in my "back yard" just under our deck. I'm guessing the previous owner or the original owner planted this in a plastic pot and set it under the deck to grab onto and eventually grow tall and strong. That's an understatement, wouldn't you agree?

The root system is so engrossed and entrenched in the ground I'm not even interested in attempting to relocate this lovely. That and I don't want to run the risk of shocking it and ultimately killing it. Oh, I know the day will come (sooner rather than later) when we'll have to tear down the deck and rebuild and find a new home for my pretty but until then, I bask in this beauty while hanging my laundry on the line.

No comments: