Wednesday, October 22, 2008

God Has The Best Sense Of Humor


I shared with you a couple of weeks ago that I was laid off - again. It's been 2 1/2 weeks of pure, in-the-toilet funk...sorry, but I cannot fake it.
So, this morning my first waking thought was "maybe something good will happen today". I even shared this thought with my mom and cousin in early morning emails. I was simply going to change my attitude and will myself to have something great happen today. After all, I've submitted countless applications to more than 5 local government agencies, followed up with those that have had an adequate amount of time pass and checked in with friends and co-workers that have agreed to be personal/professional references for me.
By 2:00 this afternoon my faith was waining and I was beginning to think today was NOT going to be the day I received the good word.
Then, my daughter called:
Brandi: "Guess what?"
Me: "What?"
Brandi: "JC was offered the job with the City of Virginia Beach today"!
I looked up, shook my head and said in my personal God voice "you are absolutely hysterical"! It was all I could do not to laugh out loud.
So, it was, in fact, a "something good's going to happen today" kind of day. It's just that God answered the kids' prayer first - and that's okay by me! JC's been trying to get a government job in VA Beach for over 2 years. His patience has paid off and I am SO happy for them both. Along with this position comes security, retirement and great health benefits. What more could I ask for the kids!
And the moral of this little story - when I pray, I need to be VERY specific! Ha!
God is good - and VERY funny...

No comments: