Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Natural Childbirth

I am a big fan of this website. A huge fan, as a matter of fact. I check it every day - really for the "daily chuck" photo more than anything else. But today's post really just made me chuckle a little.

The reading, the researching, the planning, the meeting of the childbirth committee members... I can't wrap my head around it. I mean, you get pregnant and you give birth - the most natural event in any female species.

It's not like "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies"...

Almost twenty seven years ago, I was a kid having a kid. And in my kid-like mind, I knew my baby was coming and I had no control over that WHATSOEVER. What I did have control over was that 10 inch needle going into my back - NO THANK YOU!! I'll take a little hit of oxygen every now and then and leave me to my heavy breathing. It'll be over soon enough...10, 15, 20 hours...but it will end. And it will all have been worth it and you come out of it with a clear mind and not having to wait for any numbness to wear off.

Hey, I respect every woman's decision on her method of childbirth - it's a personal one and one she has to make in order to be comfortable and retain her health and that of her child. But birth...it is natural after all.

Way to go, Heather! Way to go! You rocked this one!


No comments: