Friday, July 25, 2008

"A Final Farewell"

Randy Pausch
The Last Lecture

After countless attempts to insert the video itself here, I've given up. Instead, simply go here to learn about this very bright, funny, courageous, insightful man. Randy Pausch lost his battle this morning to Pancreatic Cancer. And if you haven't read his book, The Last Lecture, please take some time to pick it up this weekend - you'll be glad you did and you'll finish it well before it's time to return to work Monday morning.


Some people have such charm, such charisma, such a great outlook on life, are the type of people you just want to be around - I wish I'd met this man in person... maybe he'll take time to chat with me when our paths cross in eternity... My heart goes out to his wife, children and family. No matter how much they talked and prepared themselves for this day, hearts are broken.


But Randy Pausch's wit and spirit will forever surround Carnegie Mellon for he touched too many students' lives and made too great an impact on everyone he met for it not to...



2 comments:

rachel said...

My mom is reading that book, and she is really enjoying it, infact her name is Joyce, too! (:

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Randy was a wonderful man!
What an inspiration!
I watched his last lecture on tv... Now I want to read his book!

God rest his soul!

Hugz, Dolly