Monday, March 31, 2008

And on the seventh day...

he created a closet...


Voila...okay, not NEARLY that easy!


Friends and loved ones, never, ever, ever take your closets for granted! Our old (ancient really, 130+ years) farmhouse is just over 3,000 square feet (including the basement). There is not one closet original to the house. The previous owner made attempts (lame as they were) to create closets. My miracle-worker of a dad has come in behind this guy and done what he could to give us three closets (well, sort of). One is a true closet with plenty of room and shelves that my dad added. The one in the "little bedroom" is, well, little and has been taken over by my husband and his work uniforms. The third is in our bedroom (seen above) and has been/is an architectural nightmare. We've done all we can to it and I simply have to be grateful for what it is and live with it! Note - there are no linen closets or hall closets for guests (or my own) coats, etc. Did I mention to you to be grateful for the closets in your house?!

1 comment:

Paul and Cathy said...

I can't believe that wonderful closet! wow, your dad is a miracle-man for sure. Now, what does it look like behind those doors?
You need to get several neat old wooden cabinets, paint them and use them for storage! don't you just love I said that so easily....easier said than done, I know. all your photos look lovely btw, and Easter brunch looks delightful. cathy