Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Day of His Birth

Today is my DH's birthday! Happy Birthday, Michael!

My family loves to recognize and celebrate birthdays in a BIG way. I mean, after all, it's the anniversary of the day you came into this world! What better reason to have a celebration!

I am so thankful J & B Mineer were born, that they met, fell in love, married and brought this guy into the world. Because if none of that had ever happened, where oh where would I be?

A few facts about my lovey...

1) Did you know that he is 26 months YOUNGER than me? Yep. And that makes us both very smart people.
2) He hails from the great state of Kentucky and is VERY loyal to UK...go Cats!!
3) He served in the Army and witnessed events he will never share with me.
4) He knows more about me than I know about him.
5) He is a major competitor in EVERYTHING he does. He absolutely must be the best.
6) He is a cell phone junkie.
7) He does the laundry and the grocery shopping (note item #1...I am a smart person).
8) He is romantic, regardless of how he seems "on the outside".
9) He takes every opportunity to further his education.
10) He protects me...and my heart.
11) He can show Brandi Lee tougher love than I can.
12) He hates to "tinker".
13) He likes my cooking and really prefers I don't bake too often - for obvious reasons.
14) He'll shop in Victoria Secret alone for me and always tells the sales associate "no thanks, I'm good" when she asks if he needs any help (again, note item #1).
15) I married him because he makes me laugh every day. Little did I know how important that would be as we've moved through this life together.

Me sweet works an extremely dangerous job...I don't dwell on this fact but I never forget it as I kiss him goodbye and tell him I love him as he leaves for the night. So to be able to celebrate another year with him, either by our birthdays or anniversaries, is a true blessing for me.

Happy Birthday, honey...I do love you so

xoxo

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love it :) and such a good photog of you guys!! :) JC goes "she looks so cute in her glasses" :) haha awww
Happy happy birthday Michael!!