Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stupid Snow

Yeah, it's pretty and all and, THANKFULLY, I'm off Friday (yesterday) through tomorrow but the white stuff's really thrown a kinker in the long weekend plans.

My personal contractors, aka Mom & Daddy, arrived late Thursday evening.  The plan was this; hook up the sink on Friday and install the new window on Saturday.  We've taken one step forward and two steps back.  The sink did get connected and I'm happy to report that I have running water, both hot and cold.  But the idea of replacing a window during a snow and sleet storm in below freezing temperatures just didn't appeal to Contractor Dad. 

I tried to bribe, eh, I mean convince, him with a platter full of homemade Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars but I wasn't successful.  Oh, he ate them and said "thank you" and then took a comfy seat on the couch...



But while resting and recharging, he did commit to realigning the sink, mirror and overhead lighting.  Maybe I should make that 3 steps back...  So my once almost done bath has been torn apart again.  But this is a "minor" project according to Contractor Dad.  The electrical box for the light fixture was removed from it's original location, and too far to the right of the sink, and relocated a few inches to the left where it will hold the lightfixture perfectly aligned over the mirror AND sink!


I'm just holding my breath that it won't be TOO far to the left now and not allow enough room for the edge/trim of the window. 

Stupid snow... 

1 comment:

Brandi said...

lol you are too funny!! :) can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!