Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaaacccccccckkkkkkkkk!!!!!!


...she says with cautious optimism...

You may have noticed that I've been hit and miss here of late. I know you'll find this hard to believe, those who are more in tune with my day-to-day life, but my Hughes Net Internet service has been out again. Yep, since September 5 to be exact. You remember, we had that little hurricane named Hannah? She BARELY skimmed central NC, just giving us what seemed like a terrible summer thunderstorm. But it was enough to destroy our satellite service. Actually, given our history with Hughes, I'm more inclined to believe it's the shoddy equipment provided by Hughes that can't withstand the elements rather than some rain and wind.

I won't go into the gory details of what the last two weeks have been like here in what should be the quiet country - you wouldn't be able to stomach it! Just let me say that my Saturday (yesterday) was completely devoted to Hughes and the technicians that had the pleasure of spending their day with me. We have now been "upgraded" with a new dish and another new modem. When the tech got me up and running she was beaming a huge smile and turned to me expecting the same. When she saw my expression (which said, "yeah, this is great...but for how long"?) it was like watching the air slowly leak from a child's balloon! I'm sorry, I just couldn't rally and share her enthusiasm.

Historically, this service lasts about three months and then something happens and I need technical support again. That puts us at around Christmas. Santa, if you're a blog reader and tap into my little on-line diary, the ONLY thing on my wish list this year is for Embarq (SPRINT) to build the hub on the corner near my house so that I can hook into a DSL line. I'm baking and freezing cookies for you beginning immediately!

1 comment:

Embarq_lamontl said...

Hello Joyce Mineer,

I would like to research if we could provide service in your area and if not I would like to see if we can offer an alternative. Please provide your phone number if you are already an Embarq phone service customer and I will research our cover and possible future coverage plans to give you more information on when High Speed Internet service would be available to you. We strive for complete customer satisfaction and with your help we can improve our service. Thank you for using Embarq, your complete communications solution.

Lamont L.
Embarq Customer Support
embarq_lamont@embarq.com
For additional support please visit www.embarq.com/freetv or call 1-877-646-3282
Voice | Data | Internet | Wireless | Entertainment