Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh my bleeding heart...

Spring time is like Christmas for me. Every time a plant, shrub, bush blooms and awakens to another season, it's like a present being opened! Such is the case for my pink bleeding heart.
(Oh how I wish I could take better pictures!!!!)


This guy is a survivor in the truest sense of the word. It lives in the corner in front of my porch and next to the porch steps. The porch steps are open underneath and on the sides and the cats go under the porch to cool off in the summer heat, to get away from each other (as all siblings like to do) or to protect themselves from something that really isn't there... And with all this going in and out, the little bleeding heart is stomped, trampled and rolled on. And yet, every year it stands strong and beautiful and reminds me of the tenacity of mother nature.

As much as I love this plant, I wish it had a different name..."bleeding heart" is so sad for such a beautiful bush.

"A thankful heart is the parent of all virtues." - Cicero

No comments: