Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is Michael's birthday! Happy birthday, honey!!! I have no birthday photog to post because my husband and my camera are STILL in Kentucky! It's okay, he's still as cute as ever just one year older!

We'll be celebrating next week - when he hopefully makes it home.

In the meantime, I'm going to bask in the joy knowing Michael's healthy and aging gracefully (as graceful as Michael can be - ha!) and is TRULY my better half!

Celebrating birthdays in my family has always been a major event. After all, it's YOU! It's the celebration of your life! Isn't that awesome! And a life well-lived is a beautiful thing to celebrate.

I'm so very proud of my husband. And what makes me laugh is that the things he does/is about that make me nuts are the same things that I love the most about him! My husband makes up for my shortcomings and I'd like to think I do the same for him. I love his passion, Mike is extreme in everything he does. I love that there's no gray area in Mike's life - ever. I love that he works very hard to shelter me from "ugliness" and stressful situations. I love that he thinks I make the world a better place. I love the way he loves Brandi. I love the way he remembers little things about his mom. I love the way he tells his father he loves him. I love the devotion he has for his Wildcats!! I love that he plans every trip we make - all I have to do is show up! I appreciate how hard he works to be sure we have a nice home. I love the way he loves the D-O-G (and am a little jealous of the way she loves him more than me! Ha!). But most importantly, I love God for making Michael my friend first and my partner for the rest of my life. There's no one I'd rather be making this journey with.

Happy Birthday, honey.

I love you to the moon and back!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Happy happy birthday to the "Mikey!!" :) Send him our love!!