Friday, August 1, 2008

There's A Stranger In The House

If aliens landed their mother ship in Bear Creek, North Carolina (specifically Union Grove Church Road) they would assume that all dogs, cats and horses were either black or black and white. That's the only way we know how to grow 'em out here!

You can imagine the double take I make every time I see this little feller hanging around the property. He's just started appearing and, as is evident here, has made himself quite at home. That's not for lack of effort on the "home kitties" trying to convince this visitor otherwise. How do I know? I can hear the screams in the middle of the night outside the bedroom window and doctor Ralphie's head for fresh wounds the next morning (ah, the country life...what was I thinking???).

My gang seems to have given in and allowed this wanderer to hang around. I've even seen him eating the crunchies, drinking the water and actually laying in the front yard with the rest of the herd - at a safe distance of course. For certain, however, one false, gross move on his part and - well - it's on!

Watch your back, little man, watch your back!!

2 comments:

Paul and Cathy said...

Ralphie??? From A Christmas Story? perhaps? I think he is ...adorable! What a fine fellow to up against such odds and persist, he is a new hero.
Go Ralphie!!! (as in, yea...not leave)
cathy

Brandi said...

Aww, the newbie is a cutie!! :)