Monday, February 18, 2008

My sweet husband...

It seems like no matter what tribulation we're facing, Michael can always find a way to 1) assure me things will get better, 2) make me laugh when I desperately don't want to and 3) remind me with his sweet gestures that I've got a good one...

As most of you know, I was laid off from my job recently. January 31 was my last day. The weeks since have been heavy and worry laden. But I pray every day that I have the trust and faith that I say and think I do in my salvation and that I will end up where God needs for me to be when I need to be there.
In his continued efforts to keep me positive and moving forward, Michael took me to lunch and "window shopping" in Hillsborough last Friday afternoon. We had a wonderful day. More than anything just being together was a real treat. We don't get much quality time together because Mike works nights. The two hours we have together in the afternoons is either spent at the YMCA or running our "long runs" through the streets of Pittsboro. And while that time is appreciated, it doesn't make for an environment for easy conversation! I've digressed... back to Friday. ANYWAY, off we go to Hillsborough. We strolled into "Fetch" (formerly known as "Flea for All" when they were located in Durham) and browsed the shabby-chic junque and played with and petted the shop dog "Chester". As we were enjoying looking at everything Mike asked if I saw anything I liked... I had honed in on a set of old salad and butter plates (and a platter) when we first walked in...L-O-V-E-D them! I mentioned them to him, we did a little wheeling and dealing and VOILA - the plates came home with us as my Valentine present! Here they are for your viewing pleasure:
I love them because of the sweet patern but also because there's only one platter, which is fine, but there are like 6 salad plates and only 4 butter plates...sort of reminds me of a puppy from the pound! Ha! A little mis-matched but loved nonetheless! And these little things were obviously loved and used because many of them are missing the "curly-q's" in the middle - washed right off the plate! That's love.
My sweet Dad is coming to spend some time with me next week (we'll be working on my bedroom! YES!!!). I think I'll serve our lunch (grilled cheese sandwiches - -one of our favorites) on these plates... now that's love...
My dad and my husband...doesn't get much better than that for me...

1 comment:

Paul and Cathy said...

What a sweet and lovely story! You are very blessed to have that wonderful guy...and he is pretty fortunate to have YOU!
And I need to make a road trip to Hillsborough to see Karan and Chester!!! And I can give you a mini sewing lesson any time you like! Cathy