Friday, February 1, 2008

February - not my favorite month

Since living in North Carolina, almost every unfortunate event that has happened to my husband and me has happened at least within the first two weeks of February, twice the day before Valentine's day. Needless to say, I start to sweat immediately following the New Year's celebrations. I was right on again this year...

Yesterday was my last day with Glenwood Development, my current employer. I am now officially in a funk. I have been putting out resumes for the last two weeks all to no avail. I've gotten only one true response - a big fat "no thanks". I think I'd rather get a "no" than no response at all, which is what is happening. While answering ads on line is easy and the way to go these days, it's so impersonal. And I'm at the point where I really don't expect to ever hear from these people.

You never know who you reach by blogging so let me put my plea out there right nowl. If any of you have suggestions or connections, I'm not too proud to take a lead and a hand! I'm really ready to make a life change. Leasing shopping center space has run its course with me. I want out. I simply want to get in with a large company or, preferably, a government agency and gain some security, a retirement and good benefits.

I'll hop off my soap box now 'cause I don't want to pull everyone down on a Friday! Just please keep Mike and I in your prayers. And while I'm on a pity trip this morning, I do have faith in my salvation and my Saviour and know, that in HIS time, I will be put where I am most useful to do His work.

...I think I feel a little better...

2 comments:

Paul and Cathy said...

Dear Joyce, you are exactly where God wants you....available! I am excited to see where He leads you and what will be next! Glad to hear your teeth are feeling better. See you Monday! Cathy

Paul and Cathy said...

ps. the cupcakes did taste excellent...they are all gone :-)