Thursday, April 9, 2009

I AM RUNNER GIRL

I believe women are powerful - and in all aspects of our lives. Personally, I feel especially empowered when I push myself to reach a particular running goal.

There is this GREAT product line out there called Runner Girl, which helps push me forward with its wit and wisdom. I wanted to share some of their "motivational" quotes with you:


Run like you stole something.
Shut up and run.

I run faster than your mascara.
Run hard or go home.
You either ran today or you didn't.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
The truth is you can always run faster...sometimes the truth hurts.
If you want to win a race you have to go a little berserk. -Bill Rodgers

But perhaps the most memorable quote, and the one I keep at the forefront of my mind, is "The miracle isn't that I finished but that I had the courage to start".

The beauty about this is that it could apply to most any achievement in your life. Most often times, it's simply finding the gumption to take the first step.

So this morning I raise my coffee cup to all you ladies out there who will be taking a first step today, a first step at something new, at something unknown, at something scary, at something challenging. Know that someone out there is supportive of you and is cheering you on. And know that you are a Super Woman!





3 comments:

Brandi said...

Sing it, Alicia!! :)

Joyce Mineer said...

I love me some Alicia!!! Now excuse me while I go put my S on my chest!

Just Marianne said...

Thanks for the tip on the runner girl website. Yeah, we rock! We run like girls! see you next week!