Thursday, November 26, 2009

Third Time's The Charm

Today, Michael and I took our first step at trying to get back into the swing of things.

As has become our new Thanksgiving Day tradition, we headed out early this morning, in fog so thick you couldn't see your hand in front of your face, to the Gallop & Gorge T'giving day 8k run. This is the third in the tri-fecta of races that Fleet Feet Sports hosts. It was another record-breaking race with more runners today than last year!

It was cold (in a transplanted southerner's opinion) and I was relunctant to take off my cozies...


And Michael was simply thrilled at the idea of being vertical during daylight...


But when it was all over, we were pretty pleased with ourselves :)

I even managed to find a smile, if only for a photo op...

I am prayerful that everyone is somewhere today where they are loved and told so. And as my heart and Michael's heart continue to mend, we are still filled with gratitude and appreciation for all that we have, for all the wonderful people in our lives and for our families.

Have a beautiful day today, my friends, and may God continue to bless each of you.

I love you...and I mean that...

Happy Thanksgiving -

2 comments:

Just Marianne said...

You did look cold there girl! I know what ya mean about being reluctant to take off the warm fuzzy clothes but dang it, I get so-o-o-o-o hot running! I get to see you in a little over a week! We must not go this long again without seeing each other. After the holidays, we'll have to plan another Carolina Brewery night!

Brandi said...

Great pics! :) Love em!