Monday, April 1, 2013

Mondays After The Beach Are Hard

It's Monday, April 1. 

I love it when a new month starts on a Monday.  It makes it easier for me to count.  It does.  Think about it. 

I think we'd all agree that Mondays, in general, are difficult for those of us who do the Monday thru Friday thing.  It means setting and hearing that dreadful alarm clock after sweet silence for two days.  It means feet to floor when you aren't REALLY ready yet.  It means routine, going through the motions.

But a Monday after being at the beach...well, that's just wrong.  It's sad, really.  It's AWFUL!!

I had a fabulous weekend.  I always do when I spend it at the beach.  It's true what they say, " a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day anywhere else"! 

I was down there to run The Spartyka 5K for the Wounded Warriors program.  We had a ball!!  I smoked it and no one got to know that because they didn't have age group awards.  I was deflated.  I am CERTAIN that I would've placed because I'm sure I was one of the older ones running!  Most of the group were the young military families ranging between 20 and 35 years old.  My Little One, however, high fived me and told me I rocked and that made me happy!

I also had the opportunity to meet face-to-face with the realtor who is working hard to help me make a small purchase there at the beach.  I will live in a cardboard box, as long as it has water, heating and air, if it gets me to the beach!  Mr. Scott was a pleasure to meet.  We've been talking and emailing for months and it was finally nice to put a face with the name and voice!  I am trusting him explicitly to make my dream come true!  And I trust he has my back.  Needless to say, I'm working on a shoestring to make this happen which is limiting my choices greatly - which equates to potential shaddy neighborhoods.  He told me flat out Saturday that he will not entertain a property for me that he wouldn't have his wife or sisters live in.  He knows I'll be by myself and he's looking out for my safety.  He's told me I simply need to be patient and we'll find somthing that meets all of my requirements and needs.  I've let him borrow my cape, even though it's for rockin' women and it may be a little small for him.  He appreciates the gesture.

My Wee One and I spent the afternoon and early evening walking her in-laws' dog on the beach.  BK Mineer was NOT happy.  That's a story for another post.  As I strolled, I was vascilating between complete contentment and utter sadness.  I was exactly where I wanted to be yet knew that in a few short hours, I'd be leaving - again...

My desire to be at the beach, to be closer to "the kids" is not new.  I've had a longing, a yearning for years.  I even cautiously mentioned it to my soon-to-be ex-husband years ago who responded immediately with "no".  So to know that, more than likely before Christmas, I will be living at the beach, is beyond mind blowing and utterly satisfying!  The Kids have lived there for about 8 years now.  During that time, I've grown to love the area, the lifestyle it offers, the people, the food, the laid-back attitude, the fit friendly mind set, the ocean...  I want to make this chapter of my life there.

But in the mean time, I have to settle for weekend trips every now and then.

Which makes Monday mornings especially difficult.

 

         

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey J! This all sounds wonderful. I wish you good luck - I agree, close to the water is bliss! Love ya, K