Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Strangest Thing Happened On The Way Home From The Doctor's...

As you know by now, I live in a very rural area in Central North Carolina. I am surrounded by cattle farmers, mass chicken houses that provide poultry to Townsend and the like, pleasure horse farms and numerous other agricultural-type farms.

When I travel "to town" or to Chapel Hill, Raleigh or Durham, I typically take the same route. Along the main road into Pittsboro, about 5 miles from my house, there sits a quaint yellow cottage. I've seen mini-drafts (picture pint-sized Clydesdale horses) in the front yard, a small herd of cattle, chicken barns in the back and these funny looking white, box-like things with bricks sitting on the tops. My husband and I have speculated that they were bee boxes because we'd seen something similar at our local community college.

As I was driving home from a doctor's appointment yesterday evening, our suspicions were finally confirmed.


I'm telling you this for free people... you have GOT to visit this place I call home!!!!

Every day's a wonderful surprise here in the country...

No comments: